Dental Bridges: A Durable, Attractive Tooth Replacement Solution
Dental bridges can replace one or multiple missing teeth in a row, providing a stronger bite, improved speaking abilities, and an attractive smile. Parkway Dental in Albuquerque, NM, uses advanced CEREC® technology to create fully customized porcelain bridges in a single appointment. Dr. Michael Haight has over 20 years of experience and is highly skilled at placing dental bridges, allowing patients to enjoy restored smiles and optimal oral health. He is passionate about making dental care comfortable and uses the latest techniques and tools available.
What Are Dental Bridges?
A traditional dental bridge is made from one solid piece of porcelain. It will have at least one artificial tooth with a dental crown fused on each side so that the restoration can be affixed to your remaining teeth on either side of the gap. A dental bridge does just as its name states – it bridges the gap so you can enjoy restored aesthetics and functionality. It is typically suited for patients missing one to three consecutive teeth. In cases where tooth loss is sporadic or substantial, a partial denture may be recommended.
The revolutionary CEREC® system allows dental bridges to be created and placed in one day.
In addition to traditional dental bridges, Parkway Dental also offers implant-supported bridges. Rather than affixing to nearby teeth, it will be supported by dental implants surgically inserted into your jawbone. Over a four to six month period, these small posts will bond with your jawbone tissue to provide supreme durability. Although implant-supported bridges require minor surgery and an extended recovery, patients can enjoy longer lasting results without any alteration of neighboring teeth. Also, implant-supported bridges stimulate the jawbone to help prevent bone loss. During your consultation, our team will help you determine which is best for your needs, timeline, and budget.
Creating Your Dental Bridge with CEREC®
The revolutionary CEREC® (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) system allows dental bridges to be created and placed in just one day. During your appointment, we will prepare the teeth on either side of the gap, carefully shaping them so that the crowns fit comfortably and seamlessly over your teeth. Once the teeth are adequately prepared, digital impressions will be taken using CEREC®’s optical unit to create a 3D model of your smile.
Using this model, our doctors will begin customizing your dental bridge. Once we are satisfied with the design, the CEREC® milling equipment will manufacture your dental bridge in less than one hour. Once the restoration is ready, we will check that the custom-made dental bridge provides a comfortable fit. If no adjustments are required, we will securely bond the bridge in place with dental cement.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer both functional and aesthetic benefits, including:
- Natural-looking results: Porcelain provides a striking resemblance to natural tooth enamel.
- Restored facial structure: Tooth loss can sometimes make lips and cheeks sag, giving your face a sunken appearance.
- Prevents jawbone degeneration: Your restoration will promote healthy jawbone stimulation if you choose an implant-supported bridge.
- Improved dental function: With your dental bridge in place, you will be able to chew and talk as normal.
- Restored self-confidence: Missing teeth can keep you from confidently smiling, but with your dental bridge secured, you will find new motivation to show off your new smile.
- Improved oral health: Tooth loss has been known to cause TMJ disorder (TMD), dental misalignment, and gum disease. By replacing your missing teeth immediately with a dental bridge, you can help prevent these issues.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are missing one to three teeth in a row and are looking for a durable and aesthetically pleasing tooth replacement solution, Dr. Michael Haight will be glad to meet with you to discuss dental bridges. Send us a message or call today at (505) 298-7479.